Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just start singing.

Today my church Reverence Bible Church  had our very first Christmas Women's Tea. I was asked to host a table, I was so Blessed. A very close friend of mine, Mrs. Robin Gammie flew out here from Colorado Springs and was our guest speaker. She is such a Blessing to our church and me! I had a very hard couple of days this week, and I just felt like the message spoke directly to me... Don't dwell on what people say or think about you that is hurtful. When those times are hard we were encouraged to just give it to God. Sing Praises to him in Song. He promises us in Romans 8:28 that he will work everything out to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. He is so faithful and always fulfills His promises to us. Look at the most important promise He made, to send a savior to us. The Lord fulfilled Him promise by sending His one and only Son to die on the cross for our sins. Who can not love a savior like that? Someone who is so sovereign and good to us, one who blesses us tremendously when we deserve it least. This Christmas is different. I am so joyful for the wonderful blessing of Jesus. Singing those Christmas hymns today, all the women of the church, moved me to tears. Such a harmonic sound, women after God's own heart, Praising Jesus! "Strength and honor [are] her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come" Proverbs 31:25











So great to have shared such an amazing blessing with friends :)

1 comment:

blythe said...

such a fun time! everyone was so nice . :]