Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reasons why its fun being mexican.

I have decided I need to blog more about my life and what happens in it because i tend to have the most random things happen. And I'm sure others would appreciate a good laugh now and then...


Haha. We always have a good time.
Here is my List of Reasons:

1. So many family members, 38 first cousins alone, you always have someone to hangout with!


2. My Abuelita- Probably the sweetest lady ever. She is so cute and has such a love for the family. She calls me her Princessa. Always welcomes anyone who comes into her home and ready to feed them! Definitely someone I look up to. I love and adore my grandma.


3. Sayings like the following: "That's Mines", "Chut up la Boca", You Member when...", "I Know Huh", and my one my cousin is famous for saying "Save Me Some." anytime we are eating.

4. My aunts speak perfect english yet manage to butcher the following words:
  1. Banilla: Vanilla
2. Sneak-ers: Snickers
3. Porch-es: Porche
4. Sharly Sheen: Charlie Sheen
5. Ceasars: Scissors
6. Sherman of the Board: Chairman of the boards.
7. Burr-ly: Barely
8. Ask: Axs
9. Sherman Shepherd: German Shepherd 
10. Dramatized: traumatized
11. Shares- Chairs





5.
The Music! I LOVE Mexican Music, all types. I will have time at my wedding to dance, because at Fiesta we dance all night!!




6. The Facts: Putting "vics" on your chest when your sick, you are scared of getting hit with the "chancla", you love "bolees" and you are afraid of the "cucuy". Reminds me so much of my childhood.

My family is referred to as "white washed" but no matter what I still have my roots and I will always love being mexican. We have been through so much together, it makes us stronger, and we are there for each other no matter what. My family always has so much fun in everything! I love them!





** You have to watch this, so funny! And if you get a chance and want to see something hilarious look up (George Lopez- Why you Crying) on youtube.

3 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

hahah why is that little girls body all blurred out of that first picture?

Priscilla said...

haha because her undies were showing and i didnt want some perve looking at it.

blythe said...

that video is hilarious, and i LOVE the list of things your aunt mispronouces. this was a great post. !!